Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Don't want to be with husband

(3 Posts)
tistheseason2bjolly Mon 06-Nov-17 10:57:27

We live in a house, with a mortgage in his name only. We have been married for 7 years.

We have 2 children together. A 6yo and a 4yo, both with diagnosed Autism.

I do not work. I am a SAHM/carer. I look after the children before school (6:30am-8:40am), after school (15:30-18:30), and if they are unwell/school inset days/school holidays.

Husband's behaviour has been unreasonable for many years. When the children are behaving he boosts that it is his doing, but when they meltdown/act if they are misbehaving then it is always my fault. I cannot live like this anymore. There is no love between us.

How does one move forward from this please? TIA smile

prh47bridge Mon 06-Nov-17 12:15:16

Assuming marriage guidance is out of the question, you need to see a solicitor about getting divorced. You may be able to find one who will give you a 30-minute free consultation.

The fact that the mortgage is in his name only is irrelevant as far as the financial settlement is concerned. The house is an asset of the marriage and so goes into the pot to be split between you.

tistheseason2bjolly Mon 06-Nov-17 20:17:31

Thank you for your advice smile much appreciated

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: