Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Property

(2 Posts)
CamillaKate Thu 02-Nov-17 09:56:52

My DP is currently divorcing (Nisi complete, holding off on Absolute until Consents Order agreed). His ex wife had initially agreed a financial settlement but changed her mind just as it was about to go to court. She has found out that we are buying a house together and is now delaying everything as much as possible and planning to see a Barrister next month.
It's all very upsetting and complicated as she was the one who wanted the divorce and has a new partner who she is about to move in with.
Should we go ahead with the house we are planning to buy or can it be considered an asset in the financial settlement- even though it's long after separating and the Decree Nisi going through? We have considered going ahead and buying the house in my name with a joint mortgage also.
Just to confirm, the financial agreement that is currently offered has been considered very fair by both solicitors and her requirements on her form e are more than met, as are her housing needs. These events seem to be completely related to stopping him moving on and being greedy.

MrsBertBibby Thu 02-Nov-17 10:22:28

Your partner has a solicitor, who can advise him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now