Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Historical sexual harassment & discrimination

(3 Posts)
Libbyoko Sun 29-Oct-17 20:32:45

Back in 1981, I lost my job because I refused to have sex with my manager. My colleague didn’t refuse and kept hers. The company is still in business.
With sexual harassment & discrimination stories in the news, it’s brought it all back to me again. I’m wondering if it’s worth talking to a solicitor about pursuing a claim against the company.

MyBrilliantDisguise Sun 29-Oct-17 20:34:31

But is the manager still there? Is your colleague still there? Is ANYONE still there who was there at the time?

I would imagine constructive dismissal has to be fought for within a shorter period of time than that.

McTufty Sun 29-Oct-17 20:36:30

I can’t see you being able to pursue a civil claim this long after the event. If it’s a claim against a former employer for discrimination, harassment and unfair dismissal then the time limit for bringing a claim would be 3 months. That can be extended in certain circumstances but almost certainly not to 1981.

Sorry this happened to you flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now