Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Avoiding disinheritance?

(3 Posts)
annandale Tue 24-Oct-17 21:25:08

Will try to be brief but comprehensive. Am happily married with 1 dc, we own a house. Obvs our wills give to each other and then to dc. Most scenarios covered.

Can I prevent future disinheritance of dc if I die and dh remarries? Dh is putty in the hands of women always keen to please his partner and I can quite easily foresee him remarrying and feeling that he should give resources to the children of his new wife. Is there a legal way to prevent this? Btw I'm not imminently dying AFAIK but I have known this situation to occur in rl.

prettyprettyprettyprettyghoul Tue 24-Oct-17 21:26:39

I think you can write your will to say your share goes to your DC but DH has lifetime rights or similar to live in the house.

[not a lawyer]

MyBrilliantDisguise Tue 24-Oct-17 21:27:40

You need mumblechum! She's a Will expert - it's her job. She's written my Will for me and did a great job. She will be able to advise you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now