Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

controlling ex keeping house price high

(4 Posts)
kate2304 Tue 24-Oct-17 04:57:48

My ex partner (not married) and I jointly own our home. It is currently on the market and has been for the last 6 months. We have had little interest because after having 6 valuations he has gone for the top price and is refusing to drop even when there are no viewings. I can't afford a solicitor but am desperate to move on with my and my children's lives. Has anyone any suggestions how to force a realistic price?

Cupoteap Tue 24-Oct-17 07:04:21

When I was going through this court was the only way. We had to get 3 valuations and agreed between us the price we would go for. My solicitor said that if we couldn’t get that price and he wouldn’t go down we would have to go back to court for them to order a reduction being accepted

Collaborate Tue 24-Oct-17 07:16:33

Get a letter from the agents saying how they advise you market it, and take it from there.

babybarrister Tue 24-Oct-17 13:03:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now