Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Fathers Rights

(2 Posts)
BW1903 Mon 23-Oct-17 17:06:38

Please no judging. I am currently pregnant by a guy who told me he was single, turns out he had a pregnant girlfriend at home. Since the girlfriend has found about me and the baby they have both become very threatening and harassing me. He has said he wants nothing to do with my baby which is fine, dont want those sort of influences in my child life anyway. So I'm looking for advice on how I go about stopping them both from contacting me as well as him giving up his parental rights and not being able to contact my baby. Thanks in advance!!

prh47bridge Mon 23-Oct-17 17:34:27

It is called parental responsibility, not parental rights. He won't have PR unless you put him on the birth certificate. However, you can't stop him applying to the courts for PR, nor can you stop him applying for contact.

If he and his girlfriend continue to threaten and harass you, you should contact the police.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: