Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Legal matter

(8 Posts)
Betty87 Tue 17-Oct-17 00:19:10

Hi, I really need some advice my ex parter of 7 years has just started to be a royal pain about my daughter, he wants to take me to court for full custody and I don’t know where I stand. I have always had my daughter in my care she is with me most of the time. She goes to him every other weekend. I literally do everything for her. I can’t fault him as a Dad but he doesn’t have the time to have full time and I will fight to the end of the earth to make sure that doesn’t happen. But I have an issue that I worried will effect me. I was in an relationship 6 years ago which was pleasant and social service got involved because my daughter saw things that she shouldn’t of. I left him and the case was closed I’m now married with an child and very happy. When this goes to court I know he will bring it up. Will this go against me, do think he will win the case because of the issue?

MrsBertBibby Tue 17-Oct-17 06:18:55

No, unless more of the same is occurring.

How old is your daughter now?

Giverortakeafew Tue 17-Oct-17 07:14:15

He will end up with egg on his face if he unnecessarily drags up irrelevant stuff like that. If his best point against you is something that once happened and has not happened since and the SS are worried about, it looks like his chances are not great! Your DD sounds like she might be old enough to have her own views on what she wants and the court willnlisten to that!

Betty87 Tue 17-Oct-17 08:43:41

She is 9 and has her own mind, I haven’t spoken to her about things as I don’t want to upset her as she is in her last year at school and has her SATS. I just know he will bring it up but the case has been closed now for 6 years and I haven’t seen them since. Him and his new wife work full time so I don’t even know how he thinks he can have her full time she will just get passed pillar to post every day in till they are home, if I ever ask him to have her for a few days in half terms extra he always tells me no because he has work. I have to work nights shifts as my husband is at work in the day but I do that so I can care for my 2 children, he always puts work first.

KungFuPandaWorksOut16 Tue 17-Oct-17 10:23:46

What sparked it for him to say he's taking you court for full access?
I Can see him looking quite foolish at court as he already has access to the child and you say there are no problems.

Betty848 Tue 17-Oct-17 17:27:14

He has changed since got with new wife but regardless of that nothing mega to be on honest, he asked for to live with him a year ago I said no and my daughter didn’t want to go. He is away on holiday and I had to message him about my daughter and he kicked off at me for contacting him while away so I blocked him before it turnt into an massive argument and said contact my daughter on her iPad if he wants to talk as I would never stop contact. I had to unblock him as he asked to speak with me and that was when it come up x

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 18-Oct-17 15:23:17

Make sure you tell your lawyer that he has turned down the additional days you have offered contact because he can't have her because he is working. It will be relevant

RamblinRosie Fri 20-Oct-17 01:58:54

So, there were problems 6 years ago and he was content to leave his daughter in that situation, but brings it up now, the court will not find this amusing. It won't go well for him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now