Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Maintenance

(9 Posts)
Sjluffs Thu 12-Oct-17 18:02:09

I'm guessing this topic will not be the first time of questions.
The Father of my seven year old twins pays me maintenance, but not the amount that it should be, this is not a wishful statement. I am fully aware he is creaming money from his business, again not an original situation...
My situation is that I can prove down to the nearest penny what he is taking from his income prior to it being submitted to HMRC.
I have spoken to CSA on numerous occasions over the past two years, I have spoken to HMRC on several occasions.
Who do I speak to, too get results? Not only is he depriving his children he is also getting away with not paying tax on over £35k per year.
I am now just about to enter the third year of CSA calculated maintenance at £30 per week...

Collaborate Thu 12-Oct-17 18:41:15

Speak to HMRC and to CMS.

Sjluffs Thu 12-Oct-17 19:41:58

Please see above, I have spoken to HMRC, CSA CMS

Taylor22 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:53:35

Is he declaring all of his income legally?
If not have you notified the fax man?

What was their response?

If you have and they've closed the case then there isn't much you can do?

Taylor22 Thu 12-Oct-17 19:54:01

Also are CMA collecting from his wages?

Sjluffs Thu 12-Oct-17 20:30:32

He’s has income from property rentals, he is putting through his repayment residential mortgage as a business expense. The bigger his mortgage, the less the property portfolio generates, the less maintenance he pays.
I have spoken to HMRC to no avail, I would only be too aware if they had investigated, he would not take it lying down.

ferrier Thu 12-Oct-17 20:34:54

Why don't HMRC investigated, do you know?

Sjluffs Thu 12-Oct-17 21:05:15

Lack of resources I would guess. They said the more calls a case get the more it would get prioritised.

Collaborate Thu 12-Oct-17 22:00:31

You need to challenge the assessment at a tribunal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now