Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Change in Family Court regarding abusive/controlling behaviour by Spouse ??

(9 Posts)
NameWithChange Wed 11-Oct-17 22:38:51

I'm sure I read this on a thread here about it being taken more into account?

Can someone enlighten me please?

AliceTown Thu 12-Oct-17 10:10:00

www.familylaw.co.uk/news_and_comment/revised-practice-direction-12j-child-arrangements-and-contact-orders-domestic-abuse-and-harm#.Wd8xSuPTWEc

lollipop7 Thu 12-Oct-17 13:02:07

Yes I can because it happening with me.
Basically as of Oct 2nd ALL family court judges must not should consider risk of harm to children via a vis contact orders where there are ANY allegations of domestic violence.
Women's Aid and women's Grid have good summaries

www.womensgrid.org.uk/?p=3936

www.womensaid.org.uk/childfirst/

I'm hoping that as I have made allegations of DV against my ex that this helps me out. Hope also that CAFCASS update their frameworks accordingly and implement.

AliceTown Thu 12-Oct-17 13:09:25

Also this one www.transparencyproject.org.uk/domestic-abuse-revised-guidance-what-does-it-say/

NameWithChange Thu 12-Oct-17 18:01:23

Thanks all. I'll get reading...

lollipop7 Thu 12-Oct-17 18:48:54

Well better luck with it than me.
It didn't work for me in
Court today. Bastard
Misogynistic judge.
I'm going to contact Clare Throssall and Women's Aid and appeal.
Two allegations of assault against our son
Allegations of coercive control
Three months of harassment all being investigated with police reference numbers and still he got supervised
Contact today.

NameWithChange Thu 12-Oct-17 19:17:01

Sorry to hear that lollipop, I find Court an extremely emotional stressful situation, wishing you all the best over the next few days until the waves slow down flowers

RedHelenB Sat 14-Oct-17 09:08:08

It's supervised though so they must have taken some things into account?

lollipop7 Sat 14-Oct-17 09:39:14

@RedHelenB well picking them up in the car with his mother and taking them anywhere he wants for six hours - possible back to the old house and not rerun them - doesn't feel supervised to me.
Anyway I've got to submit my evidence relating to allegations of Domestic Abuse and Violence to determine if a fact finding hearing is necessary. Then that might change things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now