Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

FDR coming up, what do I need to prepare?

(9 Posts)
samanthamplified Thu 05-Oct-17 10:54:09

Hello,

I'm a litigant in person and have an FDR coming up for a Schedule 1 Children Act claim

The bundle is ready, but what do I need to prepare? Do I need a position statement?

I can't afford a barrister, but is there any advice anyone can give to help me?

Ex-partner will have a barrister and solicitor present.

Thanks, appreciate it!

Collaborate Thu 05-Oct-17 11:31:57

If you are a litigant in person it's up to the represented party to prepare the bundle. A position statement would be useful. You need to have made an offer before the FDR, and the other party's solicitor will put all the offers in the bundle.

samanthamplified Thu 05-Oct-17 13:04:13

Hi,

Thanks, but why do I need to have made an offer?

Collaborate Thu 05-Oct-17 13:09:57

That's the rules. Look at the order from the first appointment. Probably tells you there too.

samanthamplified Thu 05-Oct-17 13:28:36

It doesn't say in the FDA order to make an offer...should I still make one?

Will I get in trouble for not making one?

He has made one that I rejected, would I get costs against me because of this?

MrsBertBibby Thu 05-Oct-17 13:36:51

Where is that in the rules? It's certainly most odd to turn up to FDR with no proposals made but I don't think it's in the rules.

If for instance disclosure isn't complete, an offer cannot possibly be made.

That said OP, unless you have a good reason you really must get some proposals in!

babybarrister Thu 05-Oct-17 20:51:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Collaborate Thu 05-Oct-17 21:25:41

My local court makes FDA orders requiring the parties to make offers at least 14 days prior to FDR. That is in accordance with para 71 of the Financial Remedy Directions Omnibus (see attached).

Familylawsolicitor Mon 09-Oct-17 07:02:14

I've always read the part 9 rule as file all offers if an offer has been made, not that it's compulsory to make one

Nonetheless OP the FDR is there to try and help the two of you reach agreement and for the judge to comment on your respective proposals. If you want a resolution you should make an offer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now