Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

No documentary evidence in response to form E questionnaire

(5 Posts)
Anothermother70 Wed 04-Oct-17 23:23:45

We are both acting as Lip he has a mckenzie friend - ex solicitor he has answered my further questionnaire but has not supplied documentary evidence. Says shares and investments all cashed in he has not dissipated any money. The car he sold he has just stated what he got for it. I have emailed court to ask what I do next but no response. Further directions appointment as no point in FDR I think. Will Judge just take his word for it or will he have to provide documentary evidence of investment accounts etc?.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Wed 04-Oct-17 23:25:14

The court won't tell you what to do.

You need legal advice.

Collaborate Thu 05-Oct-17 07:26:51

You can refer it back to court if the order/questionnaire requires documents to back up response, or you can write to your ex to say that in the absence of evidence you are going to ask the court to draw an adverse inference (i.e. he still has the shares and the car).

Anothermother70 Thu 05-Oct-17 23:12:39

How strict are judges with documentary evidence will they just take his word for it? Investments are with same company he works for so states entries (which tie in with dates dividends are paid) are just work expenses and are confidential so he can’t give any further info? Is this correct! How can inferences be drawn if you have no idea whether he has any investments left and if he has how much they are worth? Also high earner but years of missing pensions just says he didn’t pay into one?

Collaborate Fri 06-Oct-17 07:22:21

You really need to pay for someone to look at what you've got and give you some pointers. Hard to comment on a situation we only have sketchy details about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now