Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

assume holiday consent?

(5 Posts)
eeniemeenieminiemoe2014 Sat 08-Jul-17 19:21:57

there is a restraining order against my ex for domestic violence so contact is only through solicitors.

I am taking the kids on holiday in september and am aware I need his consent. My solicitor has sent him a letter on friday asking for consent. If by the time the holiday comes around can I assume that because he hasnt said no that he consents?

MissJC Sat 08-Jul-17 19:31:57

Double check with your solicitor as it would be hugely disappointing for you not to find out for certain and not be able to go on holiday!

kittybiscuits Sun 09-Jul-17 14:46:14

Do check with your solicitor but I think you would be doing it without consent and depending on the destination that can be a major problem. I'm not a legal person, but having looked into it myself, I believe you can address this by going to court for a Specific Issue Order, or by applying for a Residence Order. The latter allows you to take your DCs on holiday abroad for up to 28 days with no consent needed, if I have understood correctly.

Sunnymorningwithbacon Sun 09-Jul-17 16:35:07

You can't assume consent.

babybarrister Sun 09-Jul-17 18:20:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now