Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Recommendation for good estate administration (Probate) in Berkshire, Bucks

(6 Posts)
MCC1 Mon 26-Jun-17 18:46:14

Would be really grateful for any recommendations for good probate solicitor- someone who is quick but thorough but won't charge the earth and won't take advantage. Thanks so much.

kath6144 Tue 27-Jun-17 21:30:12

Are you an executor? If so, my first question to you is, why cant you do probate yourself, it is very straightforward, I really don't understand people using solicitors unless it is a very complicated estate? If it isn't straightforward, then fair enough, but even with inheritance tax to pay, it isn't hard.

I did my mums probate last year, nothing complicated about it.

justgivemeamo Tue 27-Jun-17 22:11:21

It can be chicken and egg though Kath how do you know how complicated it will be until you start? Maybe the deceased recommended one?

Op I have been own executor recently and it wasn't too bad but DH helped a lot with figures and so on. It was slightly complicated...but nothing too bad. Lots of advice on here if you had any specific issues..

MCC1 Wed 28-Jun-17 12:56:29

For various family dynamic reasons I cannot do myself but I agree be good if I could. Any recommendations for a good probate solicitor who won't take advantage would be greatly appreciated.

mumblechum0 Wed 28-Jun-17 14:57:47

Try Alex at the LGP in Marlow.

mumblechum0 Wed 28-Jun-17 14:59:12

(Probably should have said that I'm a Willwriters myself and always recommend LGP for probate Local clients)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: