Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Recommendations for barrister in the North East

(8 Posts)
Namechanged1234567 Wed 24-May-17 21:24:46

We need an excellent, experienced and feisty barrister who specialises in family law.

We do have a solicitor but would prefer to self appoint a barrister for court.


2014newme Wed 24-May-17 21:28:02

It's unusual for the solicitor not to have a recommendation. Strangers on the net ate surely a less reliable source?

Namechanged1234567 Wed 24-May-17 21:31:04

Our solicitor is in the south where we live, which is 300 miles away from the court.

MrsBertBibby Thu 25-May-17 07:12:33

Matthew Rudd at Broadway Chambers in Leeds is very good.

7to25 Thu 25-May-17 07:15:28

Georgina Nolan in Newcastle

Pipkinhartley Thu 25-May-17 08:21:54

Suggest you use the Bar Council Direct Access Directory so you can also do some research as to specialist fields/ location etc:

Namechanged1234567 Thu 25-May-17 09:11:34

Thank you.

Is it preferable to use a male or female to represent a man in a family law case involving residency? Or does it really really not matter at all?

The mother has been putting her child at risk and there is social services and police involment. She has continually lied to and manipulated professionals which has been documented. She will come across well in court though, she can appear almost angelic.

MrsBertBibby Thu 25-May-17 10:21:57

It really doesn't matter.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: