Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CAFCASS

(10 Posts)
mlp3282 Mon 15-May-17 16:17:22

Have recommended my children have overnight contact with Dad midweek, it is a three bedroomed house and there will be four adults and two children in this house, my two (boy aged 10 and girl aged 5) will be in bunk beds in the box room. Does this seem overcrowded to you? Can I argue with anything CAFCASS have recommended? My solicitor said they are a liability(!). The CAFCASS Officer was saying he was narcisstic but as I feared he would he has convinced them otherwise with very many lies. He has so far breached Undertaking and Order on 9 occasions of which I have evidence. A lot of what the report says is incorrect in that dad took the children to a theme park which was me, he takes them to sports Monday and Wednesday when in fact it is me that takes them on a Wednesday and a Saturday! Can I get the report amended? He has stated I was in a 12 relationship before him which is absolutely not the case.

Justmadeperfectflapjacks Mon 15-May-17 16:19:25

Please do question every single error in cafcass reports. Every one. .
They are playing roulette with your dc. They don't care about the errors.
Make sure you do.

Jellybean85 Mon 15-May-17 16:21:59

Yanbu regarding errors but if they're only there on a one night at a time basis then bunk beds is fine. Typically the pros of a relationship with both parents outweigh sight impracticalities. Sometimes kids have to visit and share with step siblings or in makeshift converted dining rooms etc at lest they will have their own (albeit small) space

Jamhandprints Mon 15-May-17 16:27:32

It's not ideal, given the age and gender difference but if the children are happy to see their Dad then this should be ok for now. But the errors are important so you should speak to cafcass about that and get it changed before it goes to court. X

BlackeyedSusan Tue 16-May-17 14:26:30

correct the errors but bunk beds is fine. they will complain themselves if necessary.

babybarrister Tue 16-May-17 14:28:07

You need to promote contact

mlp3282 Tue 16-May-17 14:35:04

CAFCASS said if there are any errors to bring them up at Court or in the position statement but the position statement is not for that purpose.

sadmommyhere Tue 16-May-17 17:42:44

I would still add it to the position statement, as a reason why you are at your position
Councils give an extra bedroom and extra rent allowance when a child turns 10 and there are younger siblings. It is not appropriate for a boy aged 10 to share a bedroom with a 5 yr old girl. I would do some research into this and add this to your position statement as a reason why.

sadmommyhere Tue 16-May-17 17:44:52

I've done similar to what I've suggested. If you are self representating then you may not get another opportunity to get your point across. I found judges rarely asked my anything! So I put it in writing.

AliceTown Tue 16-May-17 18:25:16

I'd focus on the things that really matter and I would put it in the position statement. Your position is that you disagree with CAFCASS's recommendation (in part?) because of the inaccuracies in their report.

I don't think sharing a bedroom is a bad thing and I definitely wouldn't go down the overcrowding route.

Not sure how your other relationships factor into CAFCASS's decision at all. I wouldn't get into petty things like who took them to a theme park.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now