Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Contract stated 2 different amounts

(6 Posts)
Bunnyhipsdontliegrl Thu 11-May-17 14:24:12

I have posted in AIBU but was advised to post here.

I have recently signed a new rental contract which stipulated

"The rent is £200 (fake rent amount) per month to include electricity and water"

A bit further

" The rent is £200 per month and water and electricity £75 payable together on the first day of each month"

Both parties have signed. The discrepancy between the two figures was noticed later. Where do I stand now?

Allthebestnamesareused Thu 11-May-17 21:23:52

What was actually agreed between the parties? Whst was it advertised as? It will be what was actually agreed and if it needed to ever be decided in court they would look at those type of things

yoursforthetalking Fri 12-May-17 23:58:39

Like I said before, don't drip feed. All the questions from the other thread will also come up here. So what did you say to the agents in the email? What was actually agreed in the contract? It's really bad form to drip feed once and be advised to repost and then do the same thing.

CotswoldStrife Sat 13-May-17 00:03:05

If it's a drip feed, I'd assume the higher amount was mentioned originally!

wowfudge Sat 13-May-17 08:02:28

I've read your other thread. If the understanding was that the new AST was on the same basis as the original one apart from being for 12 months then you are being disingenuous to try to argue you understood it was the lower amount and inclusive of bills.

For clarity there should be a side letter side by both parties clarifying that the amount in clause x is a mistake.

AddToBasket Sat 13-May-17 08:05:22

What amount did you think it was when you signed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now