Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Arrangement order

(8 Posts)
K1mberl1e Wed 26-Apr-17 09:54:16

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has experienced or has advice on this matter.
I went to court for an arrangement order to create a consistent routine for my four year old daughter. My ex had never allowed me to take my daughter away for two weeks and I asked the judge to implement that in to the arrangement plan, however has given my ex the same amount of time aboard. I am massively concern as he has never had my daughter longer than 4 days and feel this is a drastic step forward.
Is there anything I can do?

Thanks

AliceTown Wed 26-Apr-17 10:30:27

Talk to your ex and agree that for this year you'll only take 7 days each? And then 14 next year?

I can appreciate it's really daunting but from experience you'll probably find that she'll be fine. Make sure you keep yourself busy!

K1mberl1e Wed 26-Apr-17 10:56:13

Thank you for your advice, im afraid he's doing it to spite me. As I've wanted to take my daughter to my parents house in Orlando since 2015 and he's always said no. Now he has lost the control over permission he will take advantage of this situation. I will
Continue to fight for her best interest as I know 2 weeks is far long for a four year to be with out her mother.

sadmommyhere Wed 26-Apr-17 15:42:10

If it is ok for her to be two weeks without her father, why is it not ok to be without you for two weeks.
Perhaps request that he Skype/FaceTime every few days? Or start building up contact to build trust and work on your relationship as parents.
Would you really want to prohibit your daughter from having a great time and a holiday?
To be honest your four year old will most likely have so much fun that she won't even notice she's without you.

sadmommyhere Wed 26-Apr-17 15:50:09

"My ex had never allowed me to take my daughter away for two weeks and I asked the judge to implement that in to the arrangement plan, however has given my ex the same amount of time aboard."

You didn't like that you were prevented from taking her abroad, so you took the matter to court.
Now your ex has been given the same you aren't happy... you didn't like it, so why would he?
Also why not try to take the high road and use this opportunity to work together and build trust?

BlackeyedSusan Fri 28-Apr-17 00:19:53

suggest that he has her for a week before he takes her for two weeks so she builds up the contact.

Collaborate Fri 28-Apr-17 07:43:31

suggest that he has her for a week before he takes her for two weeks so she builds up the contact.

A final order has already been made, it seems, to the time for negotiating is over. It is simply a question of getting on with the new arrangements now, which provide for equality of holiday time.

There is no reason the father would agree to reduce his two weeks to one initially, unless you're suggesting OP offers an additional stand-alone week on top of the two weeks, which might be worth considering.

3xcookedchips Fri 28-Apr-17 11:10:02

Why, has he only had your daughter for at most 4 days?

You wouldn't allow longer or he didn't want a week or maybe 2?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now