We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Advice: my neice's mum has disappeared & left her with my brother

(7 Posts)
lockie1983 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:26:35

Not sure where to put this.

My brother & his partner are seperated and have a child my DN who is 3. Neice was dropped to my mum on Thursday for contact weekend with my brother (who was working) and was due to go back to her mum on Easter Sunday.

Neice's mum has her phone switched off and is not at home. Her parents say they don't know where she is either but are not overly bothered that she might be missing ...

We think she may have gone abroad. She has done this twice since my neice was a baby.

Does anyone know if my brother should be telling anyone about this? What he should do? Obviously he is happy to have his daughter with him (and would actually like to look after he full time) but he is supposed to be at work. Its not the holiday, its the just disappearing without contact that he is worried about.

bigchris Tue 18-Apr-17 14:29:34

If he'd like her full time I'd put this in legal advice so you can get him professional options

putdownyourphone Tue 18-Apr-17 14:33:00

This would build a very strong case against her if he does want full custody.

lockie1983 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:38:20

Oh thanks, yes legal would've probably been a better place. Have asked for it to be moved now !

ZilphasHatpin Tue 18-Apr-17 14:40:36

I would be letting the police know that no-one seems to know where she is. It could be just a holiday but it could also be something less pleasant.

lockie1983 Tue 18-Apr-17 18:27:29

She's back and mu DN has now been reunited with her mum

JessKM Tue 18-Apr-17 18:30:51

Sorry I know she's back now but if she's got form for this is it not a bit worrying? I'd still be seeking advice or maybe talking to her to see if she's coping okay- I'd worry as to why she feel she needs to disappear on more than one occasion. I don't know her obviously, she could be incredibly selfish but there could also be underlying issues including mental health? Worth having a convo!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now