Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

divorce and immigration solicitor

(10 Posts)
redoranges Sun 16-Apr-17 23:49:30

Can you recommend a good divorce and immigration solicitor for a complex case? Thanks a lot in advance.

mumblechum0 Mon 17-Apr-17 00:48:06

Which town/city?

GreenGoblin0 Mon 17-Apr-17 09:59:37

not clear from your post but you are unlikely to get someone who specialises in both areas. in what way is either aspect of the case complex?

redoranges Mon 17-Apr-17 11:32:23

Sorry I forgot to mention. I live in London. I am on a dependent visa not working. I need to consult solicitor to understand what I am entitled to, to start my life again and if I can still live in UK after divorce.

MrsBertBibby Mon 17-Apr-17 11:42:09

You need a family solicitor and an immigration lawyer. I would suggest the immigration lawyer first.

Chose carefully, there are some shockingly dodgy immigration lawyers out there.

I believe Manak are ok, Orpington or Gravesend, if that's ok for you

marcopront Mon 17-Apr-17 19:18:10

Have a look at
You might be able to get advice from their forums and there immigration solicitors who post there.

GreenGoblin0 Tue 18-Apr-17 13:52:19

see list of chambers and partners ranked firms here

babybarrister Tue 18-Apr-17 21:20:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Familylawsolicitor Fri 21-Apr-17 19:50:43

Bindmans are good for both immigration and family

LauraMipsum Fri 28-Apr-17 21:53:59

Bindmans are fantastic.

Turpin Miller too although they may be a bit far away from you

Sterling & Law are good & have a sister firm which does family

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: