Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Taking me to court???

(4 Posts)
weveallkissedafrogor2 Wed 12-Apr-17 19:10:44

Long story In a nutshell
idiot ex threatening to ' see me in court!' Because he feels that I agrieved because I've booked our holiday and not consulted him!!!
I am ALWAYS considerate when we book our holidays so as to only cross one of his weekends. We have 2 other children full time jobs Childminder's and grandparents to consider before him ' if you would like to take DS away please dont book the first 2 weeks of the break because we have already booked it!!!' He is unemployed and a waste of space and his wife's a pain in the arse.
He's also said ' I won't have to pay because I'm not working..... hope you can afford it!!!!!
He didn't turn up to mediation that was supposed to happen last yr. surely that would be a first step??
So after all that my question is ... is legal aid even a thing now? And if it did go to court would I have to pay?

RandomMess Wed 12-Apr-17 19:15:17

You could just self represent. He probably won't bother tbh!

user1492021396 Wed 12-Apr-17 19:25:01

Wait you booked it on his weekend without telling him first? If so yabu and he is the right, you have no right to just remove his contact without him agreeing.

MichaelINeedYou Wed 12-Apr-17 19:56:49

Despite it not being Aibu?

You consult him after before the child minder and the grandparents he's the father who is looking pretty involved,

Unlikely the court will stop the holiday but you can't just book his weekends for your holiday with the children without speaking to him first and getting the ok.

Yes before court unless it's an emergency order being applied for you have to attend mediation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now