Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

noise complaint about a business?

(3 Posts)
UnicornsShitRainbows Wed 12-Apr-17 10:28:51

its driving me nuts. what idiot thought it was a good idea to let an industrial waste business operate 200 yards from a housing estate? the local tory councillor is who, and a royal mess they have made of it too. 6.45am they woke dh up, sweeping their yard. with a fucking bucket digger. any normal person would use a sweeper. it happens every goddam morning and its driving me barmy now. they are making a huge mess of the area too, and already in trouble for not sticking to their planning arrangements. who can i complain to that may actually get something done?

ThreeLeggedCat Wed 12-Apr-17 12:37:28

Complain to the Planning dept and Environmental Health dept (planning if you think they are breaching any of their planning conditions - you can look this up on your local council website as they are all open files) and EH for the noise to see if its a Statutory Nuisance.

Smoothyloopy Wed 12-Apr-17 13:11:07

A waste site will have an Environmental Permit enforced by the Environment Agency. You can log a complaint with them their number is 03708 506506. Keep logging complaints every time it's an issue, not just once & assume it's being handled, as the number of complaints they get will impact on their Permit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now