Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Decased DF STATE pension, have been sent a form saying money left over why should they give it to us

(8 Posts)
CarpetBagger Mon 10-Apr-17 14:20:31

I am really surprised if this was private pension would understand but dont understand state pension?

we have form to say why should they give it us - are we exectutors etc, and other reasons you want us to consider?

we are executors and beneficiary....it mentions funeral expenses, those are only just covered by ready cash in estate. Just not sure what reasons they accept for it?

DancingLedge Mon 10-Apr-17 14:29:37

If it's owed to his estate, then it's owed. I suspect that this is more about why it should be received by you, and the answer that you are executors and beneficiaries will be all they need.
flowersSorry for your loss

CarpetBagger Mon 10-Apr-17 14:42:05

Ok. It don't understand pensions so if private for instance, I get dad put money away from salary and that was his money built up. But surely state pension is a bonus? You don't earn it?

CarpetBagger Mon 10-Apr-17 14:42:15

Ok. It don't understand pensions so if private for instance, I get dad put money away from salary and that was his money built up. But surely state pension is a bonus? You don't earn it?

CotswoldStrife Mon 10-Apr-17 14:48:26

Sorry for your loss OP

State pension will be paid at least until the date of death - but may only be paid monthly into the bank, so there may be money owing but they won't pay it out to anyone without proof of executorship (as mentioned by Dancing). You can ring them for advice as well, they will be able to guide you through it a bit.

DancingLedge Mon 10-Apr-17 15:04:00

Yes, if for example I get paid , whether for work or a pension, on 1st of each month, but then sadly die on 22nd, the pay or pension ends at the date of my death, but the amount for 2nd to 22nd will be still owed, to my estate.

CarpetBagger Mon 10-Apr-17 17:03:13

Ok got it thanks so we are talking very small amount really a few hundred

TeenAndTween Mon 10-Apr-17 18:37:45

And more to the point, if the bank was aware of the death, they would have frozen the account and so wouldn't be able to accept any payments into it, hence contacting you regarding the final payment. (I think)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now