Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Need advice police called while my dd was with her dad.

(15 Posts)
user1491738628 Sun 09-Apr-17 13:01:21

Late last night we got a phone call from the police telling us we needed to collect dd from a safe address away from her dad. She was staying at her dad's as per a court order. He and his partner had an argument and she called the police because he pulled a knife out and stabbed himself in the arm and she couldn't get the knife off him. Dd has said some things today which suggests she seen what went on. And shes not herself at all today. 6 weeks ago dd told nursery after a weekend at his that he hit her with a hammer and pointed to a bruise. Social Services services said no further action. He has a caution for dv that's 3 years old. For him to see our dd he had to attend anger management and he seen a Counceller instead. Really not sure what to do. I'm uncomfortable with her going there again and she has said she doesn't want to. She's 3.

Icantstopeatinglol Sun 09-Apr-17 13:04:20

There is no way I'd send my dd back! I'm sure ss and the police will fully understand! How awful for you and your daughter. Keep her away from him.

ImperialBlether Sun 09-Apr-17 13:07:49

Protect your daughter and don't let him have unsupervised access. Poor little girl, witnessing things like that. No wonder she's not herself.

AlternativeTentacle Sun 09-Apr-17 13:08:28

6 weeks ago dd told nursery after a weekend at his that he hit her with a hammer and pointed to a bruise. Social Services services said no further action.

in light of this new situation, you need social services to reinvestigate this - and never let her near him again.

MrsBertBibby Sun 09-Apr-17 13:14:51

If there's a court order in force you need to apply urgently to suspend it, in light of what has happened.

You need to complete forms C100 and C1A, (google them) and you need to contact the court tomorrow morning to ask if you can bring it in urgently, or what their urgent arrangements are. When is she meant to next see him?

MrsBertBibby Sun 09-Apr-17 13:16:59

I'm a family solicitor, by the way.

DO NOT just withold contact, you need to get it back into court, or you will be in breach of the order.

Gallavich Sun 09-Apr-17 13:17:37

Legal advice to amend contact order
Contact social services and talk it over - they won't do anything if you are safeguarding her but paper trails are useful
Poor you and poor baby

user1491738628 Sun 09-Apr-17 13:18:58

He is next due to see her 21st April.

peukpokicuzo Sun 09-Apr-17 13:20:59

What MrsBert said.

Ask the police for a written narative of what occurred as recounted by the officers attending the incident. Whether or not any charges are brought the events your dd witnessed are relevant to the court's decision on how to vary the court order.

OlennasWimple Sun 09-Apr-17 13:22:23

This website might be useful for you too OP

blueskyinmarch Sun 09-Apr-17 13:22:33

It is also likely that the police will submit a report to SS about what happened last night and they will carry out an assessment. I don’t think they will be advocating she returns to her dad’s in the near future. It is your responsibility to keep her safe. These reports can take time to filter through to the right people. I would say tomorrow you need to contact the court as per advice upstream and then contact SS to tell them what happened. They may reevaluate the previous allegations made by your DD in light of this new information.

StewieGMum Sun 09-Apr-17 13:26:10

Please follow BertBibby advice. You need to inform social services. I would also contact nursery in case your DD discloses more information in front of them. File the forms for the review. If it gets close to day and there is no paperwork in place, I would have a lawyer send a letter stating that no contact will take place that day whilst you await advice from SS.

JanetBrown2015 Sun 09-Apr-17 13:39:39

You need to do what the lawyers on the thrad say - don't just not send her but urgently apply to court to stop the contact or ensure it is always supervised at a centre.

MrsBertBibby Sun 09-Apr-17 17:15:25

The court should be able to list a hearing before 21 April, if you apply straight away.

babybarrister Mon 10-Apr-17 16:14:27

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: