Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Buying a will online?

(4 Posts)
user1488496635 Sat 08-Apr-17 15:21:32

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has ever purchased a will online?

What I am wondering is whether the actual value of the estate will be stated as I could do with finding this out. Also would the executors or anyone be notified that someone has purchased a copy?

If anyone has experience of this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks x

UrethaFranklin Mon 10-Apr-17 09:46:31

Nobody is notified if you buy a copy, they are public documents once probate has been granted and any Tom, Dick or Harry can get a copy should they want one.

I've just looked at one I purchased and whilst it doesn't have the exact value of the estate (thinking about it, how could it? Nobody knows the exact value of property etc until it has been sold) it does say this:

It is hereby certified that it appears from information supplied on the application for this grant that the gross value of the said estate in the United Kingdom does not exceed £325,000 and the net value of the estate does not exceed £298,000.

user1488496635 Mon 10-Apr-17 12:42:28

Thank you so much for the help I really appreciate it smile

CarpetBagger Mon 10-Apr-17 23:46:35

Interesting so you can actually buy the will? The words the actual thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now