Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Is this against the law!

(10 Posts)
hellopeoplehowareyou Sat 08-Apr-17 00:32:11

I'm applying online for a national trust membership, on the section where you put the adults names it gives you hundreds of title options from 'his grace the duke' to 'jonk heer'^^^ and 'reverend the hon'^
I thought it might add a nice touch to the membership cards if I was^ 'wing commander Sarah'^ and he was 'reverend the hon jack'
Might give us a bit of status when we enter the old buildings...but is it even legal?hmm

reallybadidea Sat 08-Apr-17 00:38:25

I'm not sure whether it's legal, but my nose deliveries are always addressed to Lord Admiral Reallybadidea and I haven't been arrested yet.

reallybadidea Sat 08-Apr-17 00:39:23

Nose deliveries wtf autocorrect?! BODEN deliveries.

Badweekjustgotworse Sat 08-Apr-17 00:41:55

dooo ittttttt! i just looked it up and I now want to join just so I can be druid badweek grin

hellopeoplehowareyou Sat 08-Apr-17 00:49:11

Well if it's good enough for BODEN grin

hellopeoplehowareyou Sat 08-Apr-17 00:49:55

Druid? Now that's got a ring to it!

Creampastry Sat 08-Apr-17 07:39:00

Isn't it illegal to impersonate someone? I'm sure you can't pretend to be in the military if you aren't, therefore could not give yourself the title wing commander.

Ohyesiam Sat 08-Apr-17 08:00:48

I've got a vague idea it's illegal to impersonate a member of the forces.
But I'm Reverend ohyes for s couple of my regular mail order companies. I got bored with their level of nosiness, so made something up.

WhiskyChick Sat 08-Apr-17 08:09:57

I think you can use any title you like as long as you're not profiting from it.

DevelopingDetritus Sat 08-Apr-17 08:12:31

I always thought I'd put Colonel if I had an option. Not sure why.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: