Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Ex not told cms of new career

(10 Posts)
Lifeisabloodysoap Mon 03-Apr-17 22:21:21

My ex has been in a new job for minimum 3 months now. I don't know the exact times as I am not allowed to know about him at all his cousin told me by accident.

I phoned cms as soon as I found out and they said unless I know the exact station he is working in they are stuck? Is this true? I have no way of finding out where he works and the cousin I speak to isnt allowed to know either?

Collaborate Mon 03-Apr-17 22:45:53

They can have access to his tax records, so assuming that he's employed, he'll be PAYE. They've not got that right at all.

MrsBertBibby Tue 04-Apr-17 07:15:38

It will come up on the next annual review. For an earlier review, I suspect they would need more concrete information.

When are you due a review?

Lifeisabloodysoap Tue 04-Apr-17 07:57:49

He is employed by the police force so finding out what station he is in is tricky for me as there is so many.
Mrs I have no idea when I am due a review I didn't even know they done one. I have only been using cms since October

Collaborate Tue 04-Apr-17 08:03:34

I wouldn't think you'd need to tell them more than which force he's working for. All payroll will be centralised.

katronfon Thu 06-Apr-17 09:43:21

IIRC his pay will have had to have risen by more than 25% for them to change his payments mid year, so unless you think he's had a huge pay rise, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this stage.
You'll have a review every year, so in the coming October, and next year's payments will take into account any salary change.

katronfon Thu 06-Apr-17 09:44:39

Sorry, so to be clear, he doesn't have to tell them if his salary hasn't risen by that much.

Lifeisabloodysoap Thu 06-Apr-17 10:38:50

He has had a significant wage rise of nearly 600 a month would they consider that enough to look into it do you think?

Collaborate Thu 06-Apr-17 10:49:19

katronfon has got it right.

From here: www.gov.uk/child-maintenance/changes-you-need-to-report
Either parent should tell the Child Maintenance Service or CSA if the paying parent’s income increases or decreases by:

25% or more for Child Maintenance Service cases
5% or more for CSA cases which began after 3 March 2003

So it depends on whether you're an old case or a newer one, and whether the pay increase (gross pay under the new system) is more than the 5 or 25%

katronfon Thu 06-Apr-17 11:17:51

Lifeisabloodysoap, it depends how much he earned a month before because it's about the percentage rise.

I'm assuming it's 25% because I'm assuming you are a newer case because a) you referred to them as the CMS rather than the CSA and b) you were only assessed last year?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now