Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

LA1 form help - DH changed his name not me

(4 Posts)
MichaelINeedYou Sun 02-Apr-17 12:29:36

So we need to send in our LA1 form for DS2 however the stupid form is still stuck on the times where women changed their names. DH has changed his surname to mine and there is obviously no maiden name box for him, new signature etc how do we fill it in so they link his names

MichaelINeedYou Sun 02-Apr-17 16:07:09

sycamore123 Sun 02-Apr-17 17:24:38

Well, most women do still change their names on marriage and it's extremely unusual for the man to change his name other than double barrelling, so it's not that surprising that the form is set out like that.

If your husband changed his name via a Change of Name Deed, I suggest that you provide a certified copy of that with the form and a covering letter explaining.

MichaelINeedYou Sun 02-Apr-17 19:36:58

I don't need a deedpoll as we're married so any of us can take a name on that certificate in this day and age it should be on both parts of the form. I'll include a covering letter though just incase

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now