Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Pub Sign Fell on My Car and Damaged it

(4 Posts)
Elavon Thu 23-Mar-17 10:48:20

I parked in a pub parking lot, went to pay the parking and as I was standing at the machine, a gust of wind blew the pub sign down and onto the bonnet of my car and then over the side of my car scratching it, the scratches aren't long but they are deep and on several parts of the car so all of those parts will have to be resprayed.

I was standing just a few feet away! (Long hair blowing in my face blocked my view of the flying sign though so it could have knocked me out and I'd have been none the wiser!)

The pub manager was great, he took photos and emailed them to the headquarters and said they would get back to me. It's been 4 working days and I've heard nothing. I emailed them today my photos and asked how they have progressed this matter.

I really don't want to contact my car insurance as it will affect my no claims (16 years now!) and that makes me angry as it was not my fault!

What should I do next? I was thinking of going to my usual car service provider and getting and estimate for repairs and service car hire for the repair period and emailing it to the pub. Any advice? Am I making a mistake by not contacting my car insurance provider and letting them deal with this?


Elavon Thu 23-Mar-17 10:57:34

(regular poster but NC for this as it is personal info)

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 24-Mar-17 19:12:28

Get your quotes done and write to the pub or brewery chain giving details of what happened and here is my quote to pass to your insurer and please let me have details of your insurer. Then send vopies to them too.

Allthebestnamesareused Fri 24-Mar-17 19:12:42


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: