Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Any family/immigration lawyers who can help desperately please

(5 Posts)
schoolofconfusion Fri 17-Mar-17 08:12:53

A friend of mine had a relationship with someone studying post graduate in the UK resulting in the birth of children now under 5. The woman suffered emotional and psychological abuse and they separated. The abuse has been reported but the woman was unable to get DV legal aid due to income. The children's father is now applying for residency in the UK based on the children. He has court assigned contact. The ex partner is now asking for the children's and Mum's passport and original proof of her signature to back up the letter confirming his access. He is a flight risk with the children if his application is rejected and seeing he is her abuser she doesn't want to hand these over. Does she have go? I Can she refuse? Can she send them directly? Help much appreciated

MrsBertBibby Fri 17-Mar-17 10:40:49

No, she doesn't have to hand them over.

schoolofconfusion Fri 17-Mar-17 11:05:38

Thanks. Sorry I forgot to add that he is saying the home office require these documents for his application and has produced a letter saying so.

It seems bonkers that you have to hand this kind of documentation over to an abuser.

babybarrister Fri 17-Mar-17 12:25:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

schoolofconfusion Fri 17-Mar-17 12:52:46

Thanks Babybarrister will pass on.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: