Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Non Molestation Order

(6 Posts)
mlp3282 Wed 08-Mar-17 17:04:21

My (soon to be ex) h has contested an EA non molestation order and we are going to final hearing. At the second hearing he intimidated me in the court waiting area and at another hearing he nearly got arrested as I had Police with me in the Court room! Now I am going to next hearing without police and I am absolutely terrified. How can I protect myself? And what happens at the contested hearing if he denies everything which he will.
Any advice gratefully received.
Thank you

mumblechum0 Wed 08-Mar-17 19:51:01

Are you represented?
Is he?

mlp3282 Wed 08-Mar-17 19:59:39

I was but think they are stepping back due to cases being linked. He says he is but has never brought a solicitor to court

MrsBertBibby Wed 08-Mar-17 20:06:16

What do you mean, "cases being linked?"

traviata Fri 10-Mar-17 14:19:27

Write to the court asap asking for special measures to be taken, screens in the courtroom, a separate waiting room, and for you to be brought in through the back.

If he denies everything the judge will listen to the evidence from both of you and will decide who to believe.

Heatherjayne1972 Tue 14-Mar-17 20:00:50

I had to write a statement of account when I got my non mol
It's a chronological account of what happened and when
Was given to the judge ( husband also had a copy) who read it and gave the order. Took 15 min max

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now