Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Urgent advice plz

(28 Posts)
mee16 Mon 06-Mar-17 14:39:33

What can I do if my social worker doesn't like me and does everything he can to take the kids off me and to make it look that I'm a bad mum and that I can not safeguard my kids.
Where as I work with 400 kids and have been for 12 years and things are twisted?
Advice plz

MadMags Mon 06-Mar-17 14:41:23

I'm not sure anyone can help with such a limited post.

Can you speak to someone in rl?

mee16 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:08:46

Talk to who? Sorry didn't understand

Temporaryanonymity Mon 06-Mar-17 16:10:38

Can you talk to someone in real life? Your post doesn't really give us a lot to go on. Why do you think your social worker doesn't like you?

CatsBatsEars Mon 06-Mar-17 16:12:22

Get in touch with his team manager and request a meet.

JennyOnAPlate Mon 06-Mar-17 16:12:38

Why does the social worker think you can't safeguard your children?

RebelRogue Mon 06-Mar-17 16:15:54

Seek legal advice if you can afford it.
Make a log of all the incidents where he was inaccurate,any written records that don't match reality etc,and ask for a meeting with his team leader.

MadMags Mon 06-Mar-17 16:16:06

A different social worker, a doctor, solicitor, family member?

mee16 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:33:00

I don't feel having a meeting with him and his manager is the best way forward as I was in a dv relationship nd then I'm given an Asian guy social worker who is targetting me and anything the kids or myself are saying he is twisting things.

nonameinspiration Mon 06-Mar-17 16:38:25

The first thing you need to do is request information about the local authority complaints procedure. You can probably find this on your council website or by ringing their main number. A staff member will most likely make some notes about your concerns and give you firms to complete.

If your children are on a child protection plan please remember this will be due to a collective decision by school, health and social services.

Also if your children are of school age they can have advocates so please request this if they are over 6

MadMags Mon 06-Mar-17 16:39:49

I'm not sure what his being Asian has to do with anything.

notanurse2017 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:40:42

An Asian guy? What's that got to do with anything?

WannaBe Mon 06-Mar-17 16:44:38

Nobody here can help you because nobody is privvy to the information which means you are under social services' radar in the first place.

If SS are involved in your life and with your children that is presumably for valid reasons. You say you were in a DV relationship, I'm guessing therefore that the DC may have been witness to violence etc?

And the SW's ethnicity is irrelevant.

nonameinspiration Mon 06-Mar-17 16:45:43

The reason for dissatisfaction with the worker is irrelevant. Service users are entitled to know their rights.

RebelRogue Mon 06-Mar-17 16:53:40

I get why you would have an issue with a male after DV,but what does him being Asian have to do with anything?

Jellybean85 Mon 06-Mar-17 16:57:25

Hello, I work in social services and might be able to advise with a bit more info?
What do they say the reasons for concern are?
Did someone make a referral? What did it say?
What stage are you at? Child in need plan? Assessment? Care proceedings?

Maudlinmaud Mon 06-Mar-17 16:58:15

You can request another social worker but I wouldn't mention his ethnicity. That could land you in further hot water.

highinthesky Mon 06-Mar-17 17:02:51

Get independent legal advice and be very clear why you think you are being treated unfairly.

The SW team leader is not going to be on your side. The one I know is an utterly horrible bitch.

mee16 Mon 06-Mar-17 17:13:10

Sw being an Asian guy is a problem as he is of the same ethnicity of dad and as I've been abused by this man . It is intimidating to have an Asian sw . Even if it was an Asian lady . They bring a lot of their opinions in. We had a cpp review today and out of all of them he was the only one who thought that I'm not able to safeguard my kids .
Jellybean maybe you can help. Iv aske the complaints procedures and have let him carry on with his work till today for te last 2 months thinking to myself let's give him a chance . But today his report was questioning my parenting skills and saying that he feels I am not a fit mother to lookafter my kids.
Nurses and school are happy with the way things are. Barnardis turned the table around completely as she actually said what the children have said and it's nothing new to what I haven't said.
Which then gave the chair and everyone a different picture . Which was what I've been banging on about.
The sw made my older one cry whilst doing his assessments. Wen the kids have talked to him he has turned that around aswell and said that I wonder what mums telling them.. this is not the case.
Overall I was happy that the chair saw a different side to everything and then said she will talk to the kids herself and do some work herself with them which I felt a burden had come off my shoulders as the sw himself is twisting things completely

kittybiscuits Mon 06-Mar-17 17:18:58

I don't think your Asian social worker/Asian ex approach is doing you any favours. Piecing things together, it seems like you have a problem with him as an individual and that you think he is biased against or has a dislike for you. It sounds as if the other professionals involved do not share his views. Is that right?

nonameinspiration Mon 06-Mar-17 17:22:17

I get the issue with being an Asian man completely after most recent op post :-(

mee16 Mon 06-Mar-17 17:36:49

Kitty biscuit .
Thankyou for your views but if you have been subject to dv in an Asian culture then it can be very intimidated and manipulated and targeted as a vulnerable individual . I have nothing against the sw but at the same time a sw is there to support u and work with u not to go against u

kittybiscuits Mon 06-Mar-17 18:05:34

I understand. You may be more successful in escalating your concerns if you focus on the actions and behaviour of the person.

mee16 Mon 06-Mar-17 18:28:11

Is that ment to be a sarcastic remark?!

EyeStye Mon 06-Mar-17 18:55:32

I think Kitty meant if you are complaining about the SW give examples of his actions and behaviours that give you cause for complaint rather than the statement that his ethnicity is causing you distress. I also understand the context for you however this element of your complaint is not likely to get you far.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: