Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Should I investigate?

(6 Posts)
thaibrider Fri 03-Mar-17 10:55:42

Hi there,

This is regarding my ex paying maintenance for our dc.

I contacted the CSA and they quoted way, way less pittance per month than ex offered if I didn't go through CSA. I settled for maintenance outside of the CSA, however this means ex is free to be unreliable without being brought to book.

The amount the CSA thinks he earns cannot be right, it would amount to less than the minimum wage. He must be fiddling his taxes. I have no idea about this type of stuff, and not sure whether to go down the route of contacting the CSA to investigate him.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Any advice would be appreicated

TwitterQueen1 Fri 03-Mar-17 10:58:12

It's not the CSA's job to investigate whether or not someone is fiddling their taxes.
If he's offering you more money than the CSA, I would take him up on his offer.

thaibrider Fri 03-Mar-17 11:01:19

Hi Twitter,

I did take him up on his offer, but this way is is able to not pay me some months, or pay me less, or pay me late - without me being able to do anything about it.

I cannot budget my month. He has me over a barrel.

TwitterQueen1 Fri 03-Mar-17 13:08:03

You have my sympathies as my exH refused - and still does - to pay anything to support his children. The CSA were great but when he lost his job I lost all financial support for good.

I take it your exH is self-employed?

Blinkyblink Fri 03-Mar-17 13:10:33

Is he self employed?

thaibrider Fri 03-Mar-17 13:16:02

Sorry to hear that, Twitter. He sounds like a fucker.

I don't really know about his employment status, something about being paid through an umbrella company?

He refuses to get a permanent job and so often has periods of unemployment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now