Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Report someone for not declaring income

(12 Posts)
WoopWoop200 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:24:56

That's it basically.....

Someone took up a cleaning job for about a year. Never declared the income from it. Not self employed. No public liability.

Then decided to stop cleaning and still submit invoices for payment as no one was supervising them.

Thanks

WoopWoop200 Wed 22-Feb-17 22:25:24

how do they get reported?

Neverknowing Wed 22-Feb-17 22:31:13

Just leave it? I'm sure they have their reasons it's someone's actual life you could be fucking up!? It's none of your business tbh why are people so interested in other people's life when It doesn't affect you at all?

WoopWoop200 Wed 22-Feb-17 23:18:19

Shockingly it's none of your business. I asked a question. Didn't ask for your personal opinion. And it does affect me, hence why I fucking asked

prh47bridge Thu 23-Feb-17 07:52:08

It doesn't affect you at all

What a ridiculous thing to say. Tax evasion affects all of us. We have to pay more tax because of the people who evade tax.

You can report tax evasion here.

Public liability insurance is not compulsory. However, if the contract with the cleaner's customer requires such insurance the cleaner is in breach of contract. You could tell the customer.

If they are submitting invoices for work they have not done you should inform the customer.

OnHold Thu 23-Feb-17 07:54:32

I doubt a cleaning job would pay enough to pay tax.

OnHold Thu 23-Feb-17 07:55:26

Has the customer not realised the cleaning is not being done?

Jenniferb21 Thu 23-Feb-17 07:55:33

Tax evasion is a serious crime that affects us all. Why should we pay taxes fairly for others to not have to? I bet that same person would use the NHS as and when they need to etc.

I would definitely report this I'm pretty sure you can anonymously too with HMRC and they'll investigate it.

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 23-Feb-17 07:57:13

Separate the issues.

1) potential tax evasion. Report to HMRC of you want.

2) outright fraud. If you are the employer, report to the police. If you are not the employer, report to the employer.

PolterGoose Thu 23-Feb-17 07:59:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clickershed Thu 23-Feb-17 08:03:09

You'd have to do an awful lot of cleaning to warrant paying tax on the income...

Still if the cleaning isn't being done then tell the person whose cleaning isn't being done?

WoopWoop200 Thu 23-Feb-17 09:01:06

I declare my income. I was taught to never fuck with the tax man in any shape or form.

The person I am referring to has another job and was just doing this on the side. I did report it all to the maintenance company, however, their partner was a director. So instead they said I had a problem with the person and was being childish...

Thanks for the info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now