Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

RESPONDENT DIVORCE APPLICATION QUERY - HELP PLEASE!

(7 Posts)
Allycat Sun 19-Feb-17 14:18:01

My partner's stbxw has made an application to the courts for divorce (form P8D).
They have been separated for over two years and have no dependant children.
Things are quite amicable. The house has been sold and the proceeds split more or less equally, apart for a small adjusted amount to her so that my partner could keep his car, as it is of more value than hers.
Within the P8D form, on the Prayer page, she has ticked every box in relation to the Financial Order.
If my partner signs this form and sends it back, is it an acceptance that he is agreeing that she is to receive payments from him, or is this something standard that her solicitor has advised her to do?
Surely, as the house has been split and there are no dependant children, there should not be a claim for maintenance, periodical payments etc.
Any advice would be much appreciated as he is avoiding signing it for this reason. I have attached a copy of the page so that you can see what I mean.

Many thanks, Allycat

Allycat Sun 19-Feb-17 14:20:55

Here is the form - no idea what happened before!

MrsBertBibby Sun 19-Feb-17 14:25:03

No, it doesn't mean he is agreeing to anything financial. It's standard practice to tick all the boxes.

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sun 19-Feb-17 14:26:36

I agree. It's common practice to tick them all.

Allycat Sun 19-Feb-17 14:29:07

Brilliant, thank you. I thought so too!!!

PigletWasPoohsFriend Sun 19-Feb-17 14:31:32

I asked DH about this before as a friend had the same and was worrying.

He said in his divorce he ticked all he divorced her for adultery knowing full well he would get none of it.

Try not to worry.

Allycat Sun 19-Feb-17 16:35:55

Phew! Thank you for your help grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now