Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

False Claim?

(7 Posts)
user1486262357 Sun 05-Feb-17 02:50:34

So tonight I went to park my car on the street as I normally do and there was only one small space left and I luckily only have a small car! I knew it would take a few attempts to get it in but this is the only place I can park as the rest is a permit zone. Safe to say after 3 attempts, I got my car into the space and called my friend to let her know there was no parking so she needed to try a different street. While I was in the car, I noticed a woman in the house across the road recording me on her phone? I 100% did not hit the car behind me, I have a small car and I would feel if I had but she for some reason thought I might and wanted to film me I guess? However, I knew I had not hit my car as I'd have wanted to make sure my car was fine. My biggest concern is that she might try and claim I did hit her car as a fraud claim to get money out of me. I definitely didn't hit it but I'm worried the angle may have been unclear but then surely it would prove anything anyway? I also think she would have come out to talk to me if I had have hit it? Just need a bit of advice and reassurance as to the situation! The day after I took photos of my car as advised by my friend just in case she did try any funny business, just cant trust anyone!

Collaborate Sun 05-Feb-17 08:52:19

Let me rephrase your question:

Last night I saw a nosey neighbour doing something. I've made a number of wild assumptions, and now I'm worried about something. Should I pull myself together?

The answer is yes. Pull yourself together and don't worry about the million and one things that might happen over the next 24 hours.

Chickennuggetfeeder Sun 05-Feb-17 09:00:14

Maybe she was just hoping to get one of those videos where someone takes a 100 attempts to get into a space so she could put it on youtube. Also how do you know she was filming and not just looking at her phone while waiting for someone.

AncoraAmarena Sun 05-Feb-17 09:03:51

If she was filming you, she wouldn't have any evidence showing you bumping the other car though, would she? Bit bizarre but try not to worry OP!

Ilovecaindingle Sun 05-Feb-17 09:04:36

My neighbour videos /photos my car at least once a week!! Parked legally outside her window - but I bock her light apparently!! Some people just like a drama. . Or maybe she is hoping one day to have a parking thread to put on mn. . But not you today so don't worry!!

PlectrumElectrum Sun 05-Feb-17 18:00:22

Tip if it happens again - takes photos of both cars in situ & you'll be covered for any possible false claim.

Resideria Sun 05-Feb-17 18:09:10

She may have been hoping thinking that you were about to hit the car behind (which was possibly her car or that of someone she knows), and 'gathering evidence'. I doubt she was doing this with the intention of making a false claim, but even if - this would be easily disproved as there are no marks on your car, and none on the other car left by yours. Really, don't worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now