Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Artist wants works back [4 years after saying they didn't] but I haven't got it any more

(3 Posts)
MrsMuddlePluck Sat 04-Feb-17 14:06:53

Long story short, I ran an artwork business, including selling a particular artists' paintings. They never sold and I folded the business in late 2013. We did have a contract which I have found, dated 30th April 2013. So far so good.

[Stupidly], when I decided to fold the business I phoned her to explain what was happening and we agreed that she didn't want the pictures back as she had so much at home it was just clutter. I took her at her word and ended up disposing of it and some other stuff that we owned outright.

Out of the blue this week, she messaged me to say she wanted them back! I have dug out 3 small paintings, but a canvas she has specified is missing and tbh probably went in a skip a long time ago!

Where do I stand??

gamerchick Sat 04-Feb-17 14:13:03

If she told you to dispose of then how can she expect then back years later?

DianaMemorialJam Sat 04-Feb-17 14:16:19

She's a dick give her what you have and wash your hands of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now