Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Mistake on TR1 Form already submitted

(5 Posts)
nightowl35 Sat 04-Feb-17 10:36:50

Hi all,

I have a quick question on a TR1 form that has been submitted and registered. The form states 2 people's names as joint transferees but the section 10 was left blank by mistake. Therefore, the Land registry seems to have registered only ONE person as a sole owner!

Does anyone know how this can be corrected and whether it can be applied retrospectively ie from the original date of execution (which was 4 months ago).

Thank you!

Spickle Mon 06-Feb-17 22:49:20

Did you use a solicitor for the purchase? They submit various documents (such as the TR1, Mortgage Deed, SDLT5 and any consents together with an AP1 to register the purchase in your name. The names and other details should match otherwise Land Registry will raise requisitions before being able to change the register. So, I assume that only one name was submitted on the AP1 and Mortgage Deed (if getting a mortgage) as well as the TR1. If there has been a mistake by the solicitor, contact them so they can rectify the registration and the date would be retrospectively applied. If, however, there was no mistake on the solicitors part, i.e. they were of the understanding that only one person was to go on the register then in order to add a person to the title, a transfer of equity would be needed and this would not be retrospectively applied and would incur further costs.

nightowl35 Tue 07-Feb-17 03:54:16

Thank you for the information! There is no mortgage and all the other forms were correct except this one part, section 10 on the TR1 form. I am relieved that the correction can be applied retrospectively. Thank you!

Spickle Tue 07-Feb-17 07:31:19

TR1 Section 10 is the part where you put whether the property is to be held as Joint Tenants, Tenants in Common in equal shares or to be held by trust. But the names of the transferees in box 5 would be the purchasers. Easily rectified, though Land Registry usually pick this up if it is missed. Have you actually had the property registered, i.e. got the title deeds following registration? If so, the registered proprietors are shown on it and would state whether the property is held in a sole name or joint names.

nightowl35 Tue 07-Feb-17 10:58:28

Yes the deed was received at the time but didn't take extra care to examine it or understand it fully. Hopefully the correction is easy enough to apply.

Thank you for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now