Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.


(4 Posts)
user546 Sat 04-Feb-17 01:58:35

I don't know if this is the right place, but I need to move out I've got a new born, but is on a housing Benifit form do they need the landlords signature?! I can't find any where private the takes housing Benifit!!

brokenheartdog Sat 04-Feb-17 12:40:10

Our council asks if they are allowed to contact and/or share details with the landlord and you can tick no BUT some landlord mortgages do not cover for tenants on housing benefit so it is not a good idea to lie.

Housing benefit can also take weeks to come through and sometimes months so your landlord will suspect if you cannot pay in the interim.

Your best thing to do is go and have a chat with the housing adviser at the council. They can point you in the directs of agencies or landlords who do accept housing benefit tenants.

Are you in rented currently?

Ilovecaindingle Sat 04-Feb-17 12:47:18

Most councils have a list of accredited landlords who take HB and who's rent won't have your eyes out. Also the council will help with bond /deposit with these too.

maryellie Sat 04-Feb-17 21:32:57

I think I just replied to your other post .. in order to claim housing benefit you need to have secured a property first. Paid deposit/first months rent etc x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: