Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Lpc or Bptc?

(3 Posts)
wtf2015 Sun 29-Jan-17 10:30:58

Hello, I'm currently struggling through a part time GDL, wondering whether to proceed down the Lpc route, apply for the Bptc or carry on in my current life as a single mum GP. Has anyone on here done anything similar?

Allthebestnamesareused Mon 30-Jan-17 13:34:20

Have you looked into getting a training contract or pupillage yet? They are, I assume you know, difficult to get and I wouldn't encourage anyone to do either until they had assessed the real possibility of obtaining one or the other.

If you are a GP why do you wish to retrain in law out of interest?

andintothefire Fri 03-Feb-17 16:37:05

Apply for training contracts before you do the LPC. Apply for Inns of Court scholarships before you do the BPTC. Then you'll have a better idea of whether you are likely to be successful with either pupillage or a training contract at the end of it.

Pupillage is incredibly difficult to obtain now. The bar is shrinking at the junior end and I would not advise anybody to embark on the BPTC without either pupillage or a significant Inn scholarship.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now