Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

CAFFCASS

(10 Posts)
MummyBHN25 Sun 29-Jan-17 00:39:38

Does anybody have any experience where caffcass have not been able to get hold of the other party? And what happens when it gets to court? Can they still submit their report? How does it affect the case if he is uncooperative?

Any advice or experience would be helpful!

Thanks

MrsBertBibby Sun 29-Jan-17 09:21:36

Is this a s7 report, or safeguarding? And who is the applicant?

MummyBHN25 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:35:03

Safeguarding I think, I got a prohibited steps order granted already, this case is for child arrangements and I am the applicant, he didn't show to the prohibited steps hearing and is adamant he is not going to show to the child arrangements hearing. Cafcass had none done their checks before the last hearing, but will do before this one, but he isn't being complient, Went as for to phone my solicitor and told her the same. And I have it in writing via email.

Thanks

ElsieMc Sun 29-Jan-17 09:36:20

In our case cafcass tried to speak to my gs2s father. The report simply recorded her efforts to make contact and his refusal to co-operate. The Judge made the decision he should not be involved in further proceedings.

MummyBHN25 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:37:43

The prohibited steps order is so he can not take our child from my care and control.

MummyBHN25 Sun 29-Jan-17 09:39:18

My solicitor has said if he doesn't show then she will just ask for the final hearing as he has made us aware he has no plans of showing. Just wasn't sure what sort of chances cafcass give and how they work.
Thankyou

MrsBertBibby Sun 29-Jan-17 10:35:24

It's up to the Judge, rather than CAFCASS.

If it were me, I'd ask the court to just make final PSO and CAOs saying no contact arrangements, and the child to live with you, and call it a day. I don't see why the court would list a trial if he's said he isn't bothered. Take him at his word.

MummyBHN25 Sun 29-Jan-17 11:22:33

Thank you that sounds like good advice smile have to go back because he phoned up saying he did not know about the court date on the day, after I replied to a not so nice email, saying court is today as you know will sort child arrangements then. (Yet he knew exactly whicj court to ring to say he wouldn't be attending? and he did know, he is just very good at games and probably thought if he wasn't there, they couldn't pass an order) Thankfully the judge wasn't daft, but did list another fedra hearing for child arrangements and just waiting to hear for a date. Only after he found out from my solicitor the order was passed he gave her abuse and I received another abusive email, which he clearly states he will not attend any court. But I still have to go on the off Chance he might show.. you can't weigh him up as it's all games and lies with him. Time will tell I suppose.. just want it over with now.

Ilovecaindingle Sun 29-Jan-17 11:27:24

Just wanted to say I hope it all goes the way you want it to. . flowers

MummyBHN25 Sun 29-Jan-17 11:41:42

Thank you very much smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now