Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

pushing for comtact centre supervised contact

(5 Posts)
Beth2511 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:03:21

my ex has been charged with assault and threats to kill towards me, all in front of our 2 yr old and 3 month old. it was the culmination of 3 years of abuse often carried out in front of the kids.

social services have told me to with hild contact and let him take me to court. when he inevitably does, will i be in a good position to insist on only supervised contact at a centre? i have seen him get close to losing his temper with the kids, shaking and fist clenched so he really scares me sad

Beth2511 Sat 28-Jan-17 19:03:55

would rather no contact because of the effect all the abuse has had on our daughter!

Quarksoundslikequack Sat 28-Jan-17 19:04:45

It's likely they will start with supervised however it won't stay like that forever

HowDoYouExplainThis Sat 28-Jan-17 21:47:50

CAFCASS will more than likely be involved due to the past abuse, however you could ask for indirect contact in the way of photo's, letters every quarter/half year. Have you documented what the effect had on your daughter? I use to document what effect supervised contact would have on my DC and submit it in the court bundle as evidence to show what was happening, I'd also arrange a Health Visitor check up the following day so they could see to.

Beth2511 Sat 28-Jan-17 22:53:58

she has a severe speech and language delay, is incredibky hyperactive and two seperate support workers stated she is a very angry very hurt little girl. i will be devestated to get her happier again to lose all my hard work sad

never realised the speech delay or hyperacticity is classic for kids in this environment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now