Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Heathrow car parking service crashed my car!

(12 Posts)
PopsicleBopsicle Fri 27-Jan-17 07:43:26

I've just stepped off a 22 hour flight to collect my, only to find that the back bumper is coming away from the car with huge chunks of paint missing!

We parked the car using a meet and greet parking service which had great reviews and dropped it off without issue. Arrived to pick it up this morning and the car was handed over with no mention of the damage at all. As we were loading our bags in to the boot DH noticed and called the driver back who said it wasn't him and that we should contact the head office this morning!

Am absolutely livid but also need to know what to do. DH emailing them today, but is there a chance that they could say it wasn't them?! The car is new with only 3000 miles on the clock and to damage it like this must have been from it being driven in to a pylon- there is no way whoever did it wouldn't notice!

Help!

TheEmmaDilemma Fri 27-Jan-17 07:48:23

Usually they do a survey of the car when you drop it off to note any damage, did they do that?

PopsicleBopsicle Fri 27-Jan-17 08:02:05

I'm a bit hazy on what happened as it was 5am in the morning, quite a few weeks ago. I think they did but can't be sure confused

PopsicleBopsicle Fri 27-Jan-17 10:32:03

I asked DH who said that he received no walk around slip, and I looked at the company in more depth and found 4 more people who this has happened to and the company claims it wasn't their fault.

OliviaStabler Fri 27-Jan-17 10:39:22

It happened a few weeks ago?

PopsicleBopsicle Fri 27-Jan-17 10:53:47

We dropped it off a few weeks ago but picked it up this morning

Bestthingever Fri 27-Jan-17 11:35:47

Why don't you contact your insurance company for advice?

Check your car insurance - you might have legal cover (to get advice and help on dealing with this).

FlopIsMyParentingGuru Fri 27-Jan-17 13:04:57

We had the situation. Asked for the video they did at the start and it was clearly doctored after the event to miss the bit they damaged.
Thankfully it was booked with a reputable hotel so we raised a very angry complaint direct with them and they arranged for our repairs to be paid for.
Your starting point is the evidence they took at the start of its stay with them.

Creampastry Fri 27-Jan-17 14:30:41

Look at watchdog - I'm sure they had similar stories on their programme recently. Personally, I would never give my car keys to anyone for this reason.

empirerecordsrocked Fri 27-Jan-17 14:36:56

Was it the actual Heathrow affiliated one or one of the other ones?

Allthebestnamesareused Mon 30-Jan-17 13:40:14

When you dropped it off they would mark existing damage on a diagram which I assume you have? You notified the person redelivering it to you.

I would take pictures asap as evidence that this is the state it was returned in. Did you get the name of the person who dropped it off too as evidence that you notified them at the actual airport or they may try to argue it happened in your care after being returned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now