Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

New 2month old boiler repeadelty failing any one know my consumer rights?

(3 Posts)
BornFreeButinChains Wed 25-Jan-17 12:28:44

Brand new Worcester Bosch boiler started to go wrong tens days ago and inspite of two engineer visits - its still not working. Obv visits have been covered by warranty.

WB are sending out senior technician this week but I am wondering in general what are my rights? Can I seek any compensation? What are they obliged to do?

Obviously been let down in the coldest weeks this year have been awful, the inconvenience of having to wait round for people to come, and the sheer worry of a cold house with small DC in it - one who is prone to chest infections - our old boiler actually worked brilliantly for the 12 years we have been here and must have been at least 20 years old - we only got it replaced after DC hospitalization to chest and we didn't want to risk another winter with old boiler - to find ourselves in exactly the situation we were trying to avoid.

prh47bridge Wed 25-Jan-17 18:58:40

As the repairs have failed you have the right to reject the boiler and receive a full refund. If you don't want to reject it you have the right to request that they make further attempts to repair the boiler or, alternatively, demand a replacement.

If the people who sold you the boiler kick up a fuss remind them that these are your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. The manufacturer's warranty is irrelevant. And don't let them try to refer you to the manufacturer. Your rights are against the people who sold you the boiler.

BornFreeButinChains Wed 25-Jan-17 19:11:24

Thanks PH - I want a replacement and if that fails a different make. It was an accredited Worscter bosh installer ( independent) who installed - brought and fitted it. But its under WB warranty and its they who have been coming out.

My installer just says " I am very sorry this has happened to you but its a one off - I still highly recommend WB"

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now