Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Child arrangement order not being adhered to by the petitioner

(2 Posts)
Littlemissindependent Sun 22-Jan-17 10:24:55

Exh took me to court a couple of years ago and obtained a CAO which states EOW and half of his leave with dd3. He works away so no option for 1 night midweek.
I have adhered to this order 100%, have not once deviated from it. However, I've lost count of how many times he hasn't been able to stick to it, wants to change weekends and then becomes aggressive and intimidating towards me if I happen to have plans already which involve Dd.
He claims that as he was the petitioner, he doesn't have to stick to the order, it's only me that does.
Any advice/thoughts?

SaorAlbaGuBrath Sun 22-Jan-17 10:30:00

Unfortunately, I've been in this situation too, and he's almost right. Technically he is breaking the law and could be charged with contempt of court, but it's not likely. However, the respondent is liable for breaking the order.
It's frustrating and absolutely soul destroying at times, especially when we're the ones who have to explain to our child/children why he's not there again.
8 years down the line and DS1 is now not staying for the whole contact, he always, always asks to come home early because he hates it, and I'm hoping it will just fizzle out.
flowers for you, it's not easy. Document everything, every call/text/message/time he drops contact. That way if he ever does drag you back to court you have it all in writing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now