Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Advice for emotionally abused friend please, regarding child support

(4 Posts)
3littlebadgers Wed 18-Jan-17 10:36:26

Is there anyone who can advise please?

Long story short, my lovely lovely friend escaped her emotionally abusive ex.

He is very manipulative and tried desperately to get back in to their lives. Friend very cooperative in assisting with contact with DC,s (2).

He is on well paid salary, Recently friend made the comment that she was saving money to take the children to see family. He now claims he has lost his job which we believe he is just saying as an excuse to put her in finacial difficulty again. Friend moved away to escape him in at the height of abuse and is very much alone in current location. So he has in effect closed off her support system too. Is there anyway we can find out for sure if he did indeed loose his job? She is too frightened to ask him outright for proof.

MrsBertBibby Wed 18-Jan-17 11:36:46

If she and he are both in the UK, she just needs to go to the CMS.

Leatherboundanddown Wed 18-Jan-17 11:43:45

Use the CMS and have no contact with him about money at all. Just refuse to engage.

They will set it up and if he refuses they will take from his wages and add 20%

3littlebadgers Wed 18-Jan-17 19:44:12

Thanks flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: