Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Malicious reports to NSPCC

(18 Posts)
cantthinkofabloodyname Tue 17-Jan-17 13:44:26

I can't go into details of the actual reports due to them disclosing who I am. In the last year we have been made a subject of harassment by someone reporting us to the NSPCC about our DC's. This has caused us untold stress to both myself, my partner & our DC's. The reports have been made a couple of times, when the person we suspect has been at our house and also reports have been to RSPCA for care of our animals. They were not concerned.
Social Services are still involved at the moment as whenever there seems a light at the end of the tunnel, where they are preparing to sign our caseload off, another report comes in. The allegations have some things that are correct & some that are not in the slightest bit correct. Each report that has been made, has the same things said in it.
I have looked on the NSPCC website about reporting harassment but I can't seem to get a clear starting point as to where I can report it to the police. As the person we suspect does not live anywhere near us. Do I report it to my local police?
I hope that someone can help as we are desperate to get this reported before another allegation gets done. This is causing so much stress to our poor DC's who don't deserve this.

Bluntness100 Tue 17-Jan-17 13:48:29

If some of the allegations are correct then the reporting is not malicious? 🙄

I'm sure the agencies involved will investigate and close as and when appropriate and can tell if something is simply malicious or is in fact true and child cruelty is happening. It could also be more than one person reporting you.

I abhor child cruelty and the fact your basically admit to some of it being true makes me sick.

RougeSeas Tue 17-Jan-17 13:49:21

You have two seperate issues.

Social services are involved for valid reasons. They won't close until they feel all actions and goals have been met.

Secondly, the reports. If you are having unfounding allegations made towards you then you have the right to them investigated. I would advise that initially you speak with your social worker, or the team manager of their team. Especially if in your opinion they are keeping the case open, you will need to get to the bottom of who and why feels the need to report you.

hatgirl Tue 17-Jan-17 13:55:24

Bluntness social services don't just get involved for child cruelty what an unhelpful and judgemental thing to say.

If for example the caller to the NSPCC has rung up and said the parents aren't coping due to MH issues AND they are also beating their children the OP can perfectly reasonably accept that there are MH issues and that part of the referral is correct and they are happy to accept help around that but categorically deny that they are physically hurting the children.

cantthinkofabloodyname Tue 17-Jan-17 14:04:33

SS are already involved as I have a severely disabled DC. When I say some of the allegations are correct, is that my house is untidy & I have medications on surfaces but my DC's know not to touch them. If I post much more, then it will make me recognisable. I can on here asking for advice, not to be shit on even more.

cantthinkofabloodyname Tue 17-Jan-17 14:05:34

Even SS have said its harassment but as its reported via NSPCC they have to investigate time after time.

UnbornMortificado Tue 17-Jan-17 14:16:42

You need to lock medication up!

I'm sorry and I sympathise I've had it done to me before but even I would report medication in reach of children.

Fidelia Tue 17-Jan-17 14:32:27

Medications in reach of the children is a valid concern, even if your dc know not to touch, so you probably couldn't get them done for harassment.

Is there any way you can secure the medicines on a lockable drawer, or in one of these to stop that being reported about you?

Bluntness100 Tue 17-Jan-17 14:36:53

My apologies, i was unaware that someone would report someone to the nspcc for their house being messy? You can also put away uour medications. I'm sure the investigators will be able to recognise unfounded or silly allegations?

Kr1stina Tue 17-Jan-17 14:55:18

Bluntness - it can't often be very hard to disprove allegations because you often can't prove a negative .

Can you prove to me that you don't lock your kids in cupboards ?

Yes I can you say, my cupboard is very small .

Ah but maybe it happened when they were smaller .

But the children say I've Never done this

Ah but some children are intimidated and scared to report abuse, it's a well known fact .

But they don't have a lock so how do I lock them in ?

Can you prove you didn't wedge a chair under the handle ?

The handles in the doors are knobs and not levers .

Ah, but can you prove that you haven't changed the door knobs before we visited ? No, don't you think that's very odd. Do you have photo to suport your claim ? Maybe neighbours who can confirm what type of handles you had on your cupboard last year ? No? That's very odd. You say you have lots of family and friends and yet not one person can support your claim.

I am see you are getting angry , bluntness, do you often have trouble controlling your temper?

Have you ever had help with your anger management issues ? No? I see, so you are refusing to accept help .

What do you mean ? this is my professional opinion and you can't disgagee with me.

I'm concerned that I tried to discuss you children's welfare with you and you became angry and obsessed by doorhandles and refused to accept help. That what I'll be writing in my report.

UnbornMortificado Tue 17-Jan-17 14:55:26

cant I have a little red lock box from Argos, I think it was only a fiver.

Even well behaved kids can do stupid things.

Kr1stina Tue 17-Jan-17 14:57:44

Bluntness - normally I wouod advise that the children stay with you and we work to suport you. But I see that you have objected to my report so you clearly have a problem working with professionals . And if you won't cooperate with social services to help you, your children might be better elsewhere .

RedHelenB Tue 17-Jan-17 17:12:33

SS have enough on their plates without looking for problems, You know who is reporting you so I suggest you tidy up before they come, put medication in an inaccessible place and anything else they may have "reported" you for.

HeartsTrumpDiamonds Tue 17-Jan-17 17:22:35

God Kr1stina that is scary.

ImperialBlether Tue 17-Jan-17 17:32:39

That is REALLY scary.

ImperialBlether Tue 17-Jan-17 17:34:25

Is this person reporting you invited into your home? That would be the first thing to stop, in my opinion.

Yes, you should lock up medication, but you know that now. Frankly you could walk around most of our homes and pick out things we should or shouldn't have done, though.

GreenAndWinter Tue 17-Jan-17 21:04:36

Kr1stina, I have had some experience of that kind of attitude. What you wrote would be funny if it wasn't so awful.

In my case, the allegations were made by my disgruntled and abusive ex, but the social workers arrived thinking it was all true, and I had to jump through all sorts of hoops to make them go away.

It's particularly hard when social workers have preconceived ideas about "good" parenting, and don't want to accept another point of view (eg co-sleeping, breastfeeding a toddler etc ) I needed to provide evidence that I had done research into my parenting choices and was not just being slack or lazy. Even so, what they wrote in the report made me grind my teeth.

Op, it's hard to keep your temper with the social workers, I know, but you just have to do it. It's not fair or right that this is happening to you, but you will get through it.

BlackeyedSusan Wed 18-Jan-17 18:59:38

kristina, that is terrifying and one can see how easily it can happen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now