Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Can I amend DC's BC?

(2 Posts)
HowDoYouExplainThis Mon 09-Jan-17 16:48:14

DC was born in 2012 when I registered him he was DC A (only me on the BC)

Since before he was one he used a deedpoll to go by DC B

As he goes by DC B and has done for over 3 years and it was before he was one can I amend his BC to show his actual surname?

MrsBertBibby Mon 09-Jan-17 17:27:14

No, you can't change his birth certificate in those circumstances.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: