Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

equality act - reasonable adjustment in school - capping the cost

(3 Posts)
Kanga59 Thu 05-Jan-17 20:23:07

Is it possible for a school to cap a "reasonable adjustment" at say £2K. And then any costs over that are bourne by the parents?

My son's private school has asked me how many hours he will access school for the next 3 years, and I said 22.5 hours a week. The head plans to ask the governors for their approval, or not, of this extra cost. The extra cost is related to his 1-1 (only 15 hours are funded by the council).

I am uncomfortable with having to say now, his hours for the next 3 years. Non disabled pupils don't have to - EA discrimination? My non-disabled child only has to notify a term's notice.

They are also saying that my son can't access holiday club because his 1-1 only works term time.

SallyGinnamon Thu 05-Jan-17 21:17:54

Not sure if this is posted in the best place for traffic Kanga. MNHQ might suggest a better place. Not sure if SEN would be appropriate.

Kanga59 Thu 05-Jan-17 21:34:44

Thank you - i'll see about getting it moved over

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now