I am going through a divorce, early stages and mediation will commence soon.The house has an offer and potentially short chain so could complete in a few months.
I want to try mediation but if ex is unreasonable it will have to go through solicitors/court.
What would happen to the equity if the house sells and no agreement reached on splitting equity.It's south east so reasonable ££ involved.
I don't want to feel pressurised to agree in mediation a split as I suspect ex will not be fair and my gut instinct is it will end up in court.He is a high earner and I am relatively low earner in comparison, we also have DC who will mostly live with me.
I am happy for the house to sell as I will be relocating but my plan was to rent until finances agreed.
Anyone been in this situation? Do solicitors just hold the balance or can we do an interim split without it influencing the final settlement?
As Collaborate says, one of ghe sils will hold the money (mKe sure ir's on a designated client account so you get some interest). Usually you can agree that each of you take a little £ out for a rental deposit if necessary
You can get an order to freeze the money, I'm sure I've seen it online because in theory it could be released to either of you. The solicitor cannot hold onto money if the other issued a St story demand for example