Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any legal concerns we suggest you consult a solicitor.

Finding out about court date

(5 Posts)
Belleende Mon 02-Jan-17 08:08:49

Hoping for some info. DSis separated from arse of an ex for 8 years. Been trying to get a divorce settlement arranged. Been to mediation 3 times. Came to three separate agreements, all increasingly less in her favour. He has then refused to progress the divorce paperwork. He has become increasingly hostile, and has now taken to fucking with contact time as he chooses, and then sticking the kids in the middle.
Oldest child has now told DSis that he has a date in family court to go for joint custody. He has showed her the letter but she can't remember the date. He says he has planned it did she won't turn up and he will look like the good guy. Is there anyway we can find out the date?

Collaborate Mon 02-Jan-17 08:33:02

Ring the court.

This doesn't make sense. After being separated for 5 years she can divorce him without a fuss. Why are they still separated and not actually divorced, or have I misunderstood?

After 8 years there has been more than enough time to take it through court to force a settlement 8 times over.

Belleende Mon 02-Jan-17 08:38:22

Thanks collaborate. I know it makes no sense. None of it does. They are both pretty bloody minded but he is a nasty bully. They have had multiple agreements, but each time he just doesn't fill in the paperwork. This time round I suspect my DSis has dug her heels in and he has used this as a pretext to set up a court date.

This might be stupid, but how do you ring the court? How would I identify the right court to ring?

MrsBertBibby Mon 02-Jan-17 10:23:41

courttribunalfinder.service.gov.uk/search/postcode?aol=Children&spoe=start

MrsBertBibby Mon 02-Jan-17 10:25:12

Start with that one.

Your sister should hear from CAFCASS before the hearing, but if he is trying to ensure he has a hearing she doesn't know about, he may have given a wrong number on purpose.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now